Members login to post your own events.
U.S. Sustainable Winegrowing Summit!
May 5 @ 8:00 am - May 6 @ 5:00 pm
Please join us for the second U.S. Sustainable Winegrowing Summit!
May 5-6, 2020 | North Fork of Long Island, New York
Hosted by: California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance, LIVE, Long Island Sustainable Winegrowing, Oregon Wine, New York Wines, Washington State Wine and Washington Winegrowers
Who: A gathering of regional winery and vineyard associations, engaged grower and vintner leaders, and others committed to the sustainability of their local vineyards, wineries and regions.
What: Learn some of the driving forces behind the increasing interest in sustainable winegrowing. Be inspired with new ideas on how to bring sustainability education and outreach to your region’s vineyards and wineries.
Why: Together we can enhance the sustainability of all U.S. vineyards and wineries and credibly communicate the nationwide commitment to a global audience.
Day 1: Tuesday, May 5
2:00 pm Afternoon Sustainable Winery and Vineyard Tour, bus leaves from Hyatt Place Long Island
- Palmer Vineyards Tour & Tasting
- Sparkling Pointe Tour & Tasting
5:00 pm-8:00pm Welcome Reception and Dinner, Long Island Aquarium
Day 2: Wednesday, May 6
8:30am-4:30pm | RGNY Winery, North Fork of Long Island
Morning Session and Panels
- Trade Perceptions on Sustainable Winegrowing
- Crafting Your Message: How to Talk about Sustainable Winegrowing to Trade and Media
- Outside Industry Perspectives: How Sustainability Claims its Space
- Grower Perspectives on the Wine Industry’s Role in Climate Change Resiliency
- Reaching Consumers: The Importance of Sustainability Messaging
- What’s New with Sustainable Winegrowing: The Next Wave of Education, Outreach and Research
*Please note that the hotel room block will be available until April 1, 2020.